Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Not Caring Is Not Cool


High waisted jean booty shorts, bailing on someone, french fries without ketchup- not cool.
Crushes, milkshakes, big hugs- way cool.

"Tbh I am really good at texting back I just say I am not to sound more cool and less desperate." For some reason, the cool thing is not to care. When you're crushin' hard core on that cute boy in front of you in class, the cool and cute thing to do is be unavailable and not care that he makes your heart beat super fast when he whispers "hey" followed by your name. (Side note, isn't the way a cute boy says your name like the best thing since sliced bread?!) 
For some odd reason, showing no affection gets one more affection. For some reason, in this odd and beautiful world if I do not text back I suddenly gain power, but why can't sincere caring be cool and hip and groovy. Now I have fallen for this too, I have tried to not care when I am majorly crushing and unfortunately it works, and I have too backed off from a boy who shows too much interest.. unfortunately. IT IS JUST THIS SUCKY THINGS WE AS HUMANS DO. It's kind of like the thing about not liking your exes current fling or whatever as previously mentioned in "My Favorite Things To Hate: EXPLICIT" this "showing I care" thing is just not cool. Like no one wants a clingy girl, but also why in the heck is showing that I think you're kinda cute clingy? Why is it a big deal if you know I think you're cute? How does that alone suddenly make me less desirable? I mean the heart wants what it wants, but if you ask me, I am more likely to fall for a boy who shows a little interest rather than one who will text me and not respond after I do, what a world we live in. Ugh.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment