"If you love someone, let them go." Aw how romantic. How sweet. What a tender gesture. Ok I am calling a bluff here because to me that is the most irrational, wrong and confusing statement ever known to anyone ever. Love is what we as humans chase after, what we desire. And anyone can pull out a can of "I don't need no man" but let's be serious, we are all happier when we are in the arms of someone we love and we have been chasing it since the dawn of time. Literature from ages ago is centered around love, music encircles love- "love" this enchanting emotion or idea that for some reason suckers in everyone to crave it so badly. If love is all it is made up to be- sweaty palms, butterflies whipping their wings in your stomach and missing someone 25/8- if you had it then why would you let that go. Why would you let the emotion that literally overpowers every other emotion, the emotion that the earth spins around, the emotion that causes humans to feel feelings they didn't think were possible, why would you let that emotion out of your grasp.
Like yeah, it was cute I guess in "The Longest Ride" when Ira let Ruth go because he loved her so much and wanted her to be happy more than anything, but being apart killed them both. But I do not think anyone would argue that the part when Luke comes back for Sophia was the best part of the WHOLE DARN MOVIE. And no normal girl can deny that every part of her was screaming and crying with happiness and jealousy when they saw him walk in- the reunion is always better than the parting. Being together is always better than being apart, simple as that.
Maybe I haven't experienced the right kind of love to love someone so purely that all I want is their happiness, but if you love someone so deep part of that love is them loving you back- so why would you let that go. Maybe that's selfish of me. Oops. Maybe I am saying this because today is a hard day and I am hurting extra lots. And maybe love isn't real. Maybe love is just an extreme crush that we as humans elaborate with fantasies we create.
No comments:
Post a Comment